In the meantime this delicious whole wheat hummus salad sandwich comes quite close. A whole wheat bun, smothered with hummus and layered with fresh watercress, thinly sliced cucumber, grated carrot, avocado and crispy onion sprinkles. YUM!
Salad Sandwich Ingredients1 Whole wheat bun
Handful of fresh watercress
6 Slices of thinly sliced cucumber
1/2 Grated carrot
1/4 Sliced avocado
Handful of crispy onion sprinkles
- Cut open a whole wheat bun of your choice.
- Smother a thick layer of hummus on each side.
- Layer the remaining ingredients.
- Close and serve.
Try this Delicious Homemade Hummus
Ingredients1 I tin of organic chickpeas drained and rinsed or 250-300 g well cooked chickpeas
60-70 g of lemon juice (or less and top up with a little water)
1 garlic clove, peeled
2 peeled strips of lemon zest (no pith)
2 tbsp hulled organic tahini
1 tsp of agave or honey
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
Celtic or Himalayan salt
- Grind the garlic and lemon zest in a food processor until fine.
- Scrape down and process again.
- Add all ingredients except olive oil and blend 1-2 mins.
- Scape down sides and around the base of the blade, add olive oil, and blend another 2-3 mins.
- Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.